Stage 2 | Subject outline | version control
For teaching in Australian and SACE International schools from January 2022 to December 2022.
For teaching in SACE International schools only from May/June 2022 to March 2023.
Accredited in August 2018 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020. This subject replaces Business and Enterprise. Refer to subject changes.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Critical and Creative Thinking
Critical and creative thinking
In this subject students extend and apply their critical and creative thinking capability by, for example:
- exploring and identifying customer needs and/or problems
- using a range of critical and creative thinking strategies to identify, test, and develop solutions to problems
- applying skills in project management to track progress in the development of a business product or service
- using business intelligence and decision-making skills to generate viable options in response to opportunities and challenges
- using iterative processes to inform responsive decision-making and to develop and refine a business model
- interrogating business intelligence to develop business models and plans
- analysing the strengths, capabilities, and weaknesses of a business using tools such as SWOT and PESTLE analyses
- exploring and identifying processes to generate ideas to promote an innovative culture within business.