Stage 1 | Subject outline | version control
For teaching in Australian and SACE International schools from January 2023 to December 2023.
For teaching in SACE International schools only from May/June 2022 to March 2023 and from May/June 2023 to March 2024.
Accredited in August 2018 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2019.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Numeracy
In this subject students extend and apply their numeracy capability by, for example:
- developing and applying their financial awareness and ability to make informed decisions in rapidly changing, dynamic business environments
- examining a range of revenue models, pricing strategies, and cost structures associated with their business model
- determining cash flow requirements for a start-up business, including initial funding/capital and point of sale or terms of trade for customers
- identifying metrics and key performance indicators that will be used to monitor the start up business model against planned expectations
- identifying business information needs and implementing appropriate data collection strategies
- using structured planning processes such as cost-benefit and stakeholder analyses
- analysing and responding to business and financial information that confirms or denies their initial hypotheses and assumptions
- assessing ongoing cash flow requirements of the business.