Stage 1 | Subject outline | version control
For teaching in Australian and SACE International schools from January 2024 to December 2024.
For teaching in SACE International schools only from May/June 2023 to March 2024 and from May/June 2024 to March 2025.
Accredited in August 2018 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2019.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 1 Business Innovation.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- explore problems and generate possible solutions to meet customer problems or needs using a customer-focused approach
- develop and apply financial awareness and decision-making skills using assumption based planning tools
- respond to and apply business and financial information to develop and communicate business models
- analyse and evaluate the effectiveness of business models
- explore and analyse opportunities presented by digital and emerging technologies in business contexts
- apply communication and collaborative skills in business contexts.