Stage 1 | Subject outline | version control
For teaching in Australian and SACE International schools from January 2023 to December 2023.
For teaching in SACE International schools only from May/June 2022 to March 2023 and from May/June 2023 to March 2024.
Accredited in August 2018 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2019.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Ethical understanding
In this subject students extend and apply their ethical understanding capability by, for example:
- analysing the responsibilities and impact of the proposed business model on global and local communities
- connecting with global and local communities to identify a need or social problem to which a business could respond
- exploring the potential intended and unintended consequences of proposed business models
- considering sustainability and ethics as they identify new global and local connections
- analysing the strengths, capabilities, and weaknesses of the business through tools such as PESTLE analysis1
- analysing and evaluating the continued effectiveness of the business in meeting a social or local need.
1 The acronym ‘PESTLE’ is used throughout the subject outline to represent PESTLE, PEEST, or STEEPLE.