Stage 1 | Subject outline | version control
For teaching in Australian and SACE International schools from January 2024 to December 2024.
For teaching in SACE International schools only from May/June 2023 to March 2024 and from May/June 2024 to March 2025.
Accredited in August 2018 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2019.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Intercultural understanding
In this subject students extend and apply their intercultural understanding capability by, for example:
- determining culturally appropriate responses to customer needs and problems
- investigating ways in which business can respond to global economic, social, and environmental issues
- developing their knowledge and understanding of the opportunities and challenges associated with designing businesses in the modern, connected world.
- analysing the responsibilities and impact of the proposed business model on global and local communities
- connecting with global and local communities to identify a need or social problem to which a business could respond
- exploring the potential intended and unintended consequences of proposed business models.