Web Content Display (Global)
Previously Information sheet 51 Results sheets and online submission — Stage 2 investigations
Student investigations for all Stage 2 subjects with an external investigation will be submitted in Schools Online for online marking.
On this page
External assessment components other than performances and examinations are categorised as ‘investigations’ for operational purposes.
Investigations are assessed by teachers and also by external markers who are appointed by the SACE Board, with references to the performance standards for the relevant subject.
For each Stage 2 subject that has an investigation as the external assessment component, the investigation is submitted to the SACE Board for external marking after it has been marked by the teacher. Teachers must not annotate student work with comments, ticks, corrections, or results information. The investigation that is submitted must be a clean copy.
Results sheets in Schools Online
Results for subjects with an investigation as the external assessment component should be submitted using the Stage 2 investigations results sheets in Schools Online.
A student who does not attempt an external assessment will receive a zero for the external assessment component, and a scaled score of zero.
In Semester 1, Stage 2 investigation results sheets are submitted in one round for Research Project A and Research Project B (results due June).
- Research Project A – Review
- Research Project B – Evaluation
In Semester 2, Stage 2 investigation results sheets are submitted in three rounds – Round 1, Round 2, and Round 3.
Schools access Stage 2 investigation results sheets in Schools Online. These results sheets are available for the periods shown below:
|Marking round||Subjects||Investigation results sheets available in Schools Online||Investigation results sheets due at the SACE Board|
|Semester 1||Research Project A
Research Project B
(results due June)
|Semester 2 — Round 1||Round 1 investigations||Early-September||Late-October|
|Semester 2 — Round 2||Round 2 investigations||Early-September||Late-November|
|Semester 2 — Round 3||Round 3 investigations||Early-September||Late-November|
All student work for external assessment must be completed, submitted to the teacher, and assessed before the investigation results sheets are completed.
The principal, or principal’s delegate verifies the investigation results sheets and submits them to the SACE Board by the due date.
The due date for teachers in Schools Online is automatically set to 3 working days before the SACE Board due date to allow time for the principal or the principal’s delegate to check and verify the results before submitting them to the SACE Board. The principal or principal’s delegate has the ability to adjust the teacher due dates for his or her school.
This is the final opportunity for schools to make enrolment changes (additions or withdrawals). Once results sheets have been submitted to the SACE Board, requests for changes will be approved by the relevant manager only in exceptional circumstances.
Advice for teachers
Teachers access investigation results sheets in Schools Online in order to:
- record the final results for the students at their school
- submit the completed results sheet to the principal’s delegate of the assessment school for authorisation
- submit materials for online submission.
The columns on the investigation results sheets, reading from the left, are as follows:
- ‘Student Name’ – listing students’ names alphabetically
- ‘Registration’ – listing the students’ SACE registration numbers.
- ‘Evaluation Max 30’ – blank column in which the teacher records student results as a mark out of 30 for the external assessment type in a subject. When a student does not provide any evidence for the assessment type, the student should be withdrawn.
- ‘Grade’ – this column is automatically populated with a grade A+ to E— that corresponds to the mark out of 30 entered in the previous column.
- ‘Special Provisions’ – this column will show ‘P’ (pending) once the SACE Board has received an application for special provisions, ‘Y’ when the application has been considered and approved, and ‘N’ when the application has been considered and special provisions have not been granted.
- ‘Potential Breaches’ – tick the box in this column to indicate a potential breach of rules by a student.
- ‘Withdrawn’ – tick the box in this column to withdraw the student’s external assessment component. (Note a ‘Withdraw’ on the investigation online results sheet does not withdraw the student from the subject).
- ‘Student Materials’ – is used by teachers to submit student materials online.
- To add an enrolment and results, select ‘Add student’ on the external investigations assessment results sheet.
- Teachers should take care when entering results in each column.
- Teachers must check that all information on the investigations results sheet is accurate before sending the completed results sheet to the principal or the principal’s delegate.
- Refer to Information sheet 3 for advice on completing Form 2 following a breach of rules by a student.
- Refer to Information sheet 58 for advice about special provisions for a student’s school assessment.
Round 1 subjects
Investigation materials for Round 1 subjects are submitted online.
Due to the continued impact of COVID-19, the submission date for Round 1 investigations for has been extended.
|Agricultural Production||Production Investigation|
|Agricultural Systems||Experimental Investigation|
|English Literary Studies||Comparative Text Study|
|Food and Hospitality||Investigation|
|Health and Wellbeing||Inquiry|
|Politics, Power and People||Investigation|
|Scientific Studies||Individual Inquiry|
|Society and Culture||Investigation|
|Spiritualities, Religion and Meaning||Transformative Action|
|Visual Arts - Art||Visual Study|
|Visual Arts - Design||Visual Study|
Round 2 subjects
Investigation materials for Round 2 subjects are submitted online.
Due to the continued impact of COVID-19, the submission date for Round 2 investigations for has been extended.
|Business Innovation||Business Plan and Pitch|
|Dance||Skills Development Portfolio|
|Design, Technology and Engineering||Resource Study|
|Earth and Environmental Science||Earth Systems Study|
|Essential English||Language Study|
|Information Processing and Publishing||Product and Documentation|
|Integrated Learning||Personal Endeavour|
|Language and Culture||Investigation|
|Music Performance – Ensemble||Performance Portfolio|
|Music Performance – Solo||Performance Portfolio|
|Outdoor Education||Connections with Natural Environment|
|Women’s Studies||Issues Analysis|
Round 3 subjects
Investigation materials for Round 3 subjects are submitted online.
Due to the continued impact of COVID-19, the submission date for Round 3 investigations for has been extended.
|Australian Languages - Additional Language||Language Study|
|Australian Languages - First Language||Language Study|
|Australian Languages - Revival Language||Language Exploration|
|Community Studies A||Reflection|
|Community Connections||Community Application Activity|
|Creative Arts||Practical Skills|
|Digital Technologies||Individual Digital Solution|
|Industry Connections||Industry Project|
|Music Explorations||Creative Connections|
|Physical Education||Group Dynamics Task|
|Research Project A||Review|
|Research Project B||Evaluation|
Supervision and verification
For student work that cannot be verified, or for which plagiarism has been identified in the final work, Form 2: Breach of rules must be completed and submitted to the SACE Board, together with supporting evidence and a recommendation from the teacher, principal, or principal’s delegate for a penalty.
The teacher should assess the student work at face value and not apply a penalty in the marking.
The result that is submitted on the results sheet for student work that is subject to a breach of rules investigation should reflect this standard of work (at face value). The SACE Board will investigate any breach of rules application that the school submits and apply a penalty if deemed appropriate.
- Form 2: Breach of rules [PDF 151KB]
- Form 32: Special provisions — request for external assessment adjustments [PDF 153KB]