Navigation Menu

Web Content Display (Global)

Mid-year results

Mid-year results are available from 8.30 am, Tuesday 20 July 2021.

Mid-year results can be accessed in Students Online once results have been uploaded. You will not receive a printed record of achievement until the end of the year.

Technical support

If you have not logged in before:

Log in using your SACE registration number and PIN.

  • Your registration number is six numbers and a capital letter (eg. 123456A)
  • Your PIN is a four digit number provided by your school

Students Online will then prompt you to activate your account. Please use a personal email address when activating your account.

If you have logged in before:

Log in using your username and password. Your username will be your verified email address or SACE registration number.

If you have forgotten your password, see Forgot password.

For help, contact askSACE:
+61 8 8115 4712
8.30 am to 5 pm (Australian Central Daylight Time) Monday to Friday.

Back to top

Who receives mid-year results?

Students will be able to access mid-year results if they have completed any of the following in Semester 1, 2021:

  • Research Project
  • recognised courses, such as vocational education and training (VET)
  • any other subject

Full-year (20-credit) subjects will not display until the end of the year.

Back to top

About SACE results

Students Online displays:

  • results for subjects you have completed, with a grade from A to E for completed Stage 1 subjects and a grade from A+ to E- for completed Stage 2 subjects
  • all Stage 1 and Stage 2 subjects you have enrolled in.

See our Guide to SACE results [PDF 330KB] for an explanation of results displayed in Students Online.

Back to top

About your SATAC tertiary entrance results

You will not receive a tertiary entrance statement (TES) for mid-year results.

Your tertiary entrance statement (TES) is issued by the South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC) at the end of the year. It includes scaled scores for tertiary entrance, and any university aggregate, or Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) you have achieved.

Back to top

Assessment summaries and checks

To request an assessment summary or clerical check of results, please do the following:

  1. Save the request form to your device - Request for student assessment summary and clerical check [PDF 127KB]
  2. Fill out the form and email to
The SUBMIT button on the request form will only work after you have saved the document to your device.

Assessment summaries

You can request a printed summary of your grades for each assessment type for Stage 2 subjects completed in 2021 by using the 'Student assessment summary' section of the request form above.

The summary will list your:

  • school grade and moderated grade for each school assessment type
  • school assessment grade and external assessment grade
  • final subject grade

Numeric equivalents will also be included for each grade.

Clerical check

You can request an additional check of your marks and grades by using the 'Clerical check' section of the request form above.

The SACE Board will then check that:

  • your results were correctly entered into the computer system
  • you have been awarded the correct subject grade and its numeric equivalent, based on your school assessment and external assessment.

Back to top

Mid-year results FAQs

Can I contact the SACE Board if I have a question about my results?

Yes, we have a results enquiry line, with staff who answer queries confidentially.

See enquiries for contact information.

Can I repeat the Research Project to improve my grade?

Yes, but you must re-enrol in the subject and undertake another Research Project that is different in topic and content. Talk to your Research Project teacher about re-enrolment.

If you choose to repeat a subject, each result will be listed on your Record of Achievement. If you have more than one result in the Research Project, only a maximum of 10 credits will count towards the SACE.

Can I find out my individual grades for the Folio, Research Outcome and Evaluation, and Review?

Yes, you can view the individual grades in Students Online. Once you're logged in, simply select 'Research Project' on the SACE results page. Your school will also have this information.

If I did not achieve a C- or better, can I resubmit my Research Project in Semester 2 to become eligible for the SACE?

Yes. If you choose to resubmit, you must re-enrol in the subject through your school. If you resubmit one or more assessments on the same topic, and achieve at least a C-, your result will be reported as 'status granted'. Talk to your Research Project teacher about re-enrolment and resubmission of your Research Project.

I got an A+ for my Research Project. Does that mean I get a subject merit?

In addition to receiving an A+, you also need to have demonstrated exceptional achievement in the subject in order to receive a merit. If this requirement is satisfied, it will be reported on your Record of Achievement in December as 'A+ with Merit'.

Why isn't my scaled score for Research Project listed?

The scaled score for the Research Project, along with your Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (if you are eligible), will be provided in December.

Back to top


We have a results enquiry line, with staff who answer queries confidentially.

SACE results enquiries
+61 8 8115 4712
8.30 am to 5 pm (Australian Central Daylight Time) Monday to Friday

The operator will have access to your results details — please have your personal details (including your SACE registration number) handy before you call.

Naturally it gets busy, but we'll answer your call as soon as possible. You may decide to contact your school first — they have a full register of results.

Back to top