Stage 1 | Subject Outline | Version control
Accredited in August 2017 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2018.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Intercultural understanding
In this subject students extend and apply their intercultural understanding capability by, for example:
- recognising culture exists in any situation where a group of people are gathered together for a common purpose, including in situational, organisational, linguistic, and social contexts and ways of thinking
- understanding that culture is dynamic and can change over time and context
- learning about and engaging with diverse cultures, recognising commonalities and differences, and cultivating mutual respect
- understanding, valuing, and respecting a range of perspectives
- understanding how cultures connect and relate to each other developing the skills to move between cultures
- acknowledging and respecting the social, cultural, linguistic, historic, and religious diversity of a nation, including that of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in Australia.