Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Australian Languages — Revival Language
For teaching in 2024. Accredited in August 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Intercultural understanding
In this subject students extend and apply their intercultural understanding capability by, for example:
- extending their understanding that revival and revitalisation of [Revival Language] is of great importance to both Aboriginal and non‑Aboriginal Australians, and contributes to national identity
- contributing to the reconciliation processes through increased linguistic and intercultural competence
- extending their understanding of relationships between Australian Languages, cultures, and identities in a national and global context
- extending their understanding of how cultural concepts and practices affect ways in which people see the world, interact, and communicate with others
- considering and reflecting on their own view of the world in context, as one of many
- responding with empathy to what the relationship between language and identity means for individuals and communities
- extending their understanding of the intrinsic relationship between language, culture, Country and spirituality
- noticing, comparing and reflecting on assumptions, values, and ways of knowing.