Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Australian Languages — Revival Language
For teaching in 2023. Accredited in August 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 Australian Languages — Revival Language.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- communicate using [Revival Language]
- understand and analyse features of language structures and cultural knowledge of one or more Australian Languages
- explore and explain the context of the revival of [Revival Language]
- reflect on own learning from and with Aboriginal people and language resources
- reflect on the relationship between the revival of [Revival Language] and the processes of cultural renewal and reconciliation.
The history of Australian Languages means that written materials in or about a language being studied may not be extensive. Students are encouraged to use and engage with as wide a range of resources as possible. Resources include, but are not limited to:
- spoken materials, such as talks, conversations, and interviews, whether filmed, recorded, transcribed, or experienced personally
- written materials, such as books, articles, diaries, letters, and administrative records
- artwork, music, songs, and other creative materials
- online materials.