Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Australian Languages — Revival Language
For teaching in 2022. Accredited in August 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Ethical understanding
In this subject students extend and apply their ethical understanding capability by, for example:
- extending their understanding that Australian Languages are uniquely and irreplaceably Australian
- understanding, respecting, and applying cultural norms and protocols associated with learning, reviving, using, and researching Australian Languages, including community consultation protocols
- making connections between language learning and social justice and equity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- contributing to social cohesiveness through better communication and understanding
- extending their understanding of the impact of some key government policies, legislation, and judicial processes on heritage and identity.