Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Australian Languages — Revival Language
For teaching in 2022. Accredited in August 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Critical and creative thinking
Critical and creative thinking
In this subject students extend and apply their critical and creative thinking capability by, for example:
- understanding their own language(s) and/or culture(s) through engagement with [Revival Language]
- making comparisons and drawing connections within and/or between languages to develop their knowledge and understanding of the nature of language variation and change
- understanding and creating links between existing and new knowledge
- exploring and explaining features of [Revival Language]
- exploring and explaining existing and emerging language patterns and structures
- applying their understanding of the power and function of languages
- reflecting on the processes involved in mediating meaning within and across languages and cultures.