Web Content Display (Global)
SACE Change Network Recognition of learning
A project of working with community stakeholders to strengthen the value of VET and other forms of recognised learning that support students to thrive.
What did we do?
- Researched a number of aspects about recognition in the SACE including VET, University Studies, International Baccalaureate and the potential for future Micro-credentials in the SACE.
- Produced four discussion papers for consideration by the SACE Board’s Accreditation, Recognition, and Certification Committee (ARCC).
- Consulted with internal critical friends about a number of issues around recognition, micro-credentialing, and potential enhancements to the recognition of VET in the SACE in the form of Skills Sets, Stackable VET and other forms of VET short-credentials.
What did we learn?
- The full range of recognition options in the SACE are important in enabling students to thrive in their SACE learning.
- The VET landscape and its interaction with the senior secondary education system and the SACE is complex, and it’s important to continually acknowledge this.
- Views about what makes the SACE ‘the SACE’ are diverse and the ARCC should explore this further.
- Enact the directions of ARCC about recognition in the SACE, including enhancements to the recognition of VET, University Studies, International Baccalaureate and the potential for future Micro-credentials in the SACE.