Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Accredited in June 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2021.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Personal and social capability
Personal and social capability
In this subject students extend and apply their personal and social capability by, for example:
- developing skills and strategies to increase confidence, resilience, and adaptability, in order to accomplish personal and collaborative goals
- increasing and applying understanding of posture, alignment, kinaesthetic awareness, and forms of expression
- increasing awareness of their own physical and mental capabilities and well-being through examination of the mind and body
- discovering personal identity by exploring and reflecting on ideas, thoughts, feelings, emotions, values, and beliefs through participating in the practice of dance
- exploring artistic, social, environmental, and political issues and the ways in which these are interpreted and represented through dance works.