Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Accredited in June 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2021.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Critical and creative thinking
Critical and creative thinking
In this subject students extend and apply their critical and creative thinking capability by, for example:
- generating innovative ideas, possibilities, and actions to communicate choreographic intent
- taking risks, considering alternatives, and experimenting with movement and composition
- transferring dance traditions into new contexts
- expressing their ideas creatively through performances and choreography
- critiquing strategies for improving and refining their dance skills, technique, and accuracy
- applying their understanding of dance elements to deconstruct, analyse, and discuss.