Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Accredited in June 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2021.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Intercultural understanding
In this subject students extend and apply their intercultural understanding capability by, for example:
- developing compassion and empathy towards others through the exploration of a diverse range of dance works and experiences
- communicating sensitively their understanding of, and responses to, dance knowledge that has been informed by different cultural ideas and perspectives
- exploring, analysing, and interpreting genres and influences in dance across time, location, and cultures
- exploring and analysing how dance from diverse contexts influences their own creations
- understanding the role of dance in social and cultural contexts.