Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Accredited in June 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2021.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Literacy
In this subject students extend and apply their literacy capability by, for example:
- documenting their creative process, including use of analysis and evaluation strategies
- explaining and justifying their ideas and approaches as they experiment with, plan, edit, synthesise, and make aesthetic decisions about their dance practices
- understanding and using language and terminology specific to dance in the process of creating, staging, presenting, responding to, and appraising dance
- using movement to express, communicate, and interpret ideas and intent of the choreography
- presenting ideas in a variety of forms, including written and multimodal forms with appropriate acknowledgment of sources
- critically analysing and evaluating their own work and the work of others.