Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Accredited in June 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2021.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Evidence of learning
Evidence of learning
All Stage 2 subjects have a school assessment component and an external assessment component.
The following assessment types enable students to demonstrate their learning in Stage 2 Dance.
School assessment (70%)
- Assessment Type 1: Performance Portfolio (40%)
- Assessment Type 2: Dance Contexts (30%)
External assessment (30%)
- Assessment Type 3: Skills Development Portfolio (30%).
Students provide evidence of their learning through four assessment tasks, including the external assessment component. Students complete:
- one performance portfolio
- two dance contexts tasks — a recording and a choreographic analysis
- one skills development portfolio.