Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Accredited in June 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2021.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 Dance.
In this subject students are expected to:
- develop knowledge and understanding of the body, dance skills, dance elements, structural devices, production elements and safe dance practices in choreography and performance
- apply technical and expressive dance skills in performance
- communicate choreographic intent to an audience through composition and performance
- evaluate their own creative works as an artist and that of others as an audience member
- research and analyse dance in diverse contexts.