Web Content Display (Global)
SACE Change Network | September 2021 update Learning transfer
A project focusing on creating learning experiences and assessments that support students to transfer their learning and apply it in new situations and circumstances.
What did we do?
- Developed an instructional video and audited exemplar to support the development of examination questions.
- Prototyped the construction of one examination booklet for Stage 2 Chemistry with a balance of transfer. The setting panel was derived from 2 participants from prior SACE Change Network engagements, SACE Officers, and Lead Practitioner.
What did we learn?
- The instruction video and exemplar provided effective support to develop examination questions.
- Quality questions were developed by teachers without previous SACE examination development experience.
- Further evidence that the transfer tool is usable and effective.
High confidence from participants in using the tool and engaging effectively in the process.
Through previous testing and the current increment, we have further substantiation and confidence that the tool is usable to set questions for near and far transfer.
We have some level of confidence of the minimum levels of instructional assistance required for Setters to construct examination questions to elicit near to far transfer.
Early findings indicate high quality instructional videos and exemplars can be used to support teachers to independently engaged with the concept of learning transfer.