Web Content Display (Global)
SACE Change Network | November 2021 update Revitalising the RP and PLP
A project focusing on revitalising Stage 2 Research Project (RP) and Personal Learning Plan (PLP) for teaching in 2022.
What did we do?
- Finalised working names for both the revitalised PLP and RP:
- The revitalised PLP will be called Exploring Identities and Futures
- The revitalised RP will be called Activating Identities and Futures
- Developed and tested the assessment models and performance standards for revitalised PLP (Exploring Identities and Futures) and RP (Activating Identities and Futures).
- Invited schools to participate in a Semester 1 2022 pilot of the revitalised PLP (Exploring Identities and Futures) and RP (Activating Identities and Futures) subjects.
- Developed a professional learning approach to support schools in the pilot.
What did we learn?
- The flexibility of subject elements received a high level of support.
- Elements of identity, connectedness and futures in the revitalised subjects were supported by teachers and students.
- Students and teachers see agency in the assessment model.
- There is support for naturally embedding capabilities into the performance standards, but we still need to continue to support teachers and students in identifying them.
- Teachers recognised that students will need their help with:
- Effective feedback focused on agency and self-regulation
- Defining naturally occurring evidence
- Importance of verbal interaction/assessment (dialogic feedback, asking good questions that elicit student learning)
- Metacognitive skills
- The Accreditation, Recognition, and Certification Committee (ARCC) have reviewed the revitalised PLP (Exploring Identities and Futures) and RP (Activating Identities and Futures) subject outlines, considered learnings from the SACE Change Network and the SACE pilot plan and provided their vote of confidence and endorsement to proceed to pilot from January 2022.