Stage 2 | Subject outline | Outdoor Education Stage 2 version control
Accredited in August 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Literacy
Students extend and apply their literacy capability by, for example:
- comparing different environmental perspectives and impacts on the environment
- evaluating and demonstrating reflective practice of leadership, collaborative and practical outdoor skills, and personal experiences and connections made in natural environments
- communicating about the connections made with the natural environment, considering a range of perspectives
- using appropriate language and terminology to demonstrate understanding of environmental systems and/or ecological issues to plan for sustainability of natural environments
- documenting the planning for outdoor journeys including risk-management strategies, leadership styles, responsibilities, and equipment.