Stage 2 | Subject outline | Outdoor Education Stage 2 version control
For teaching in 2021. Accredited in August 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Ethical understanding
Students extend and apply their ethical understanding capability by, for example:
- making and evaluating ethical decisions about the interaction of people and natural environments
- developing and implementing risk-reduction strategies and emergency-action plans, including casualty management
- understanding of the legal and moral responsibilities of leaders and participants in outdoor activities
- understanding environmental systems and issues to make decisions and recognise actions required to enhance sustainability of natural environments
- exploring and making connections with the natural environment, considering a range of perspectives
- awareness of culturally appropriate protocols when interacting with Traditional Owners of natural environments.