Stage 2 | Subject outline | Outdoor Education Stage 2 version control
Accredited in August 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 Outdoor Education.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- explore and make connections with natural environments, considering a range of perspectives
- plan responsibilities and risk-management strategies, to participate in and lead safe and sustainable outdoor activities and journeys
- evaluate and demonstrate reflective practice of leadership and collaborative skills, and of personal development, experiences, and connections in natural environments
- evaluate and demonstrate reflective practice of the development and application of practical skills relevant to outdoor activities and journeys
- understand and analyse environmental systems and issues to make decisions and recognise strategies for sustainability of natural environments.