Stage 2 | Subject outline | Outdoor Education Stage 2 version control
For teaching in 2021. Accredited in August 2019 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Evidence of learning
Evidence of learning
All Stage 2 subjects have a school assessment component and an external assessment component.
The following assessment types enable students to demonstrate their learning in Stage 2 Outdoor Education.
School assessment (70%)
- Assessment Type 1: About Natural Environments (20%)
- Assessment Type 2: Experiences in Natural Environments (50%)
External assessment (30%)
- Assessment Type 3: Connections with Natural Environments (30%).
Students provide evidence of their learning through four or five assessments, including the external assessment component. Students complete:
- one or two about natural environments tasks
- two experiences in natural environments tasks
- one connections with natural environments task.