The SACE leaders forums held in March 2017 focussed on the SACE Board’s commitment to ensuring the SACE continues to be the highest quality and most equitable senior secondary qualification.
The forum provided a platform to launch the SACE Board’s Aboriginal Education Strategy 2017-2021. The Strategy was officially launched by the Minister for Education and Child Development, the Hon. Susan Close.
A number of guest presenters also supported school leaders to consider the issues and implications raised by the Strategy, these included:
- Mr Bill Wilson. Department of State Development
- Professor Daryle Rigney, Flinders University
- Mr Mark Williams, Chair, SACE Aboriginal Education Steering Committee
- Mr Jack Buckskin, Tauondi College
- Mr Hassan Mekawy, SACE Board
- Ms Hannah Yates
The forums also gave school leaders the opportunity to discuss and consider the opportunities and implications of the Board’s strategy to modernise and transform the SACE and its operational processes and provided insight into the SACE Board’s future directions and communications.