Web Content Display (Global)
Research Project Student Expo 2016
More than 3,500 students, teachers and members of the community attended the Research Project Student Expo, 9 and 10 August 2016, at the Ridley Centre, Adelaide Showground.
The event provided a unique opportunity for Year 10 and Year 11 students and their teachers to learn about an array of interesting and captivating SACE Research Projects and talk to the young researchers behind them.
More than 75 student exhibitors spoke about their research on topics ranging from students' sleeping habits to impacts on sporting performance; from renaissance art to art therapy; from renewable energy to nuclear waste.
Industry experts, South Australian businesses and other organisations were also exhibiting with hands-on displays, ideas for research topics, and advice for students.
These resources provide additional support for teachers and students about to undertake the Research Project.
- Australian Driverless Vehicle Initiative (ADVI) Research Project ideas [PDF 345KB]
- Big ideas start here (CSIRO) [PDF 70KB]
- Careers in natural resources management [PDF 585KB]
- Centre for Automotive Safety Research (CASR) Research Project ideas [PDF 369KB]
- Doorways2Construction mind map [PDF 585KB]
- Ideas for Research Project with a food science and nutrition focus (TAFE SA) [PDF 2MB]
- Market research: get the mostout of surveys and focus groups (UniSA) [PDF 115KB]
- My green footprint [DOC 200KB]
- Natural resources management research project ideas [PDF 1MB]
- SACE Research Project examples (CQUni) [DOC 68KB]
- Youth Ambassador Project (Cancer Council) [PDF 5MB]
During the expo, a videographer captured a range of presentations and interviews. The following videos include former Research Project students sharing their advice on potential research topics and questions, and presentations captured at the after-hours session.
The Research Project Student Expo gives students and teachers the opportunity to learn about an array of interesting SACE Research Projects and talk to the young researchers behind them.
The Research Project explained
This video explains the key components of the subject, including the four parts of the research framework and the assessment types. It is designed to assist teachers and students in their understanding of the subject.
Designing a research question
This video is a guide to starting the Research Project and includes information about choosing a topic of interest and refining the research question.
Research Project in the SACE
SACE Board Chief Executive Dr Neil McGoran explains the value and importance of the Research Project in the SACE.
Expo 2016 - Student reflections
Zoe offers advice to students and parents about making the most of the Research Project.
Expo 2016 - Student reflections
Tajwar shares his experience of the Research Project and explains how it helped him during his SACE and into tertiary study.
Expo 2016 - A parent's perspective
Lisa shares insights and advice about supporting students through the Research Project.
The SACE Board YouTube channel has additional video resources for Research Project teachers and students.
- SACE Research Project student stories
- SACE Research Project Student Expo 2016
- SACE Research Project Student Expo 2015