Web Content Display (Global)
SACE Change Network Revitalising the RP and PLP
A project focusing on revitalising Stage 2 Research Project (RP) and Personal Learning Plan (PLP) for teaching in 2022.
What did we do?
- Produced prototype elements of the PLP and RP subject outline.
- Together, we tested these prototypes through the SACE Change Network, which included 50 schools and 74 educators from across all sectors.
What did we learn?
- There is a high level of understanding about how the Thrive elements are applied to the revised PLP and RP subjects.
- We need more information about how the elements will be represented within the prototype subject outlines.
- There is moderate confidence in the direction for both the revised PLP & RP subjects, with general support for the PLP to move from ‘what I want to do’ to ‘who I want to be’ and a RP that drives active learning.
- Concerns were raised around teacher and student workload.
- There is uncertainty around the role SACE capabilities will have in the new PLP and RP subjects.
- The nature of students’ evidence of learning and how this evidence demonstrates thrive needs to be tested.
- Reduction in student and teacher workload is a priority.
- Understand the future state of capabilities and how their assessment is integrated with the PLP and RP.
- Design and develop prototype assessment types to demonstrate impact to thrive and test them with the SACE Change Network.