Web Content Display (Global)
SACE Change Network | November 2021 update Learning transfer
A project focusing on creating learning experiences and assessments that support students to transfer their learning and apply it in new situations and circumstances.
What did we do?
- Developed an instructional video and exemplar to support the development of examination questions.
- Prototyped the construction of one examination booklet for Stage 2 Chemistry with a balance of transfer. The prototype exam setting panel was derived from 2 participants from prior SACE Change Network engagements, SACE Officers, and Lead Practitioners.
What did we learn?
- The instructional video and question type exemplar provided effective support to the panel involved in constructing examination questions to elicit near to far transfer.
- Quality questions were developed by teachers without previous SACE examination development experience.
- Further confidence that the transfer tool is usable and effective.
Early findings indicate high-quality instructional videos and exemplars can be used to support teachers to independently engaged with the concept of learning transfer.
We need to test whether examinations in other subjects can be set using the model developed for the Chemistry prototype examination.