Web Content Display (Global)
SACE Change Network | November 2021 update Learner profile
A project committed to showcasing the knowledge, skills, and capabilities of the whole student.
What did we do?
- Tested our assumption that subject assessment provides opportunity for students to demonstrate subject learning and SACE capabilities.
- Developed a prototype assessment event model that involves students and teachers in the process of assessing capabilities.
- Developed a model to amalgamate assessment decisions recorded across the capability dimensions, multiple assessment events and teachers to profile a student's capabilities.
What did we learn?
- Teachers value extra-curricular and personal experience at the same level as curriculum-based evidence of capabilities.
- Additional workload associated with assessment events remains a concern.
- Schools are concerned about ‘reducing’ capability results to a number.
- Consider subject renewal changes that provide the best opportunities for students to demonstrate valued subject knowledge and capabilities.
- Develop prototypes to test and model teacher pedagogy.
- Employ visual design to develop an engaging visual representation of a student's capability achievement.
- It is time for Future Capabilities and Learner Profile projects to come together.