Stage 2 | Subject outline | Version control
Spiritualities, Religion, and Meaning
Accredited in June 2021 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2022. Editorial changes may be made during the implementation process.
Stage 2 Religion Studies will be taught for the last time in 2022.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Personal and social
Personal and social capability
In this subject, students extend and apply their personal and social capability by, for example:
- reflecting upon feedback from peers, teachers, and others to analyse factors that enhance or limit their personal and social capability
- creatively using any of a range of devices, via a variety of contemporary ICT platforms, such as social media, electronic meetings, blogs, vlogs, or posts
- recognising and reflecting upon opportunities for personal, social, and spiritual development through involvement in communal activities such as a retreat, liturgies, worship, and other rituals
- developing agency to investigate, discuss, evaluate and act upon contested personal and socio-cultural issues through a spiritual and/or religious lens
- developing leadership by proposing, implementing, and monitoring strategies to address prioritised needs at a local, regional, or global level
- communicating in different ways with relevant members of the community (primary sources) in interfaith dialogues, interviews, speeches, discussions, observations, field trips, excursions, surveys and electronic meetings.