Stage 2 | Subject Outline | Versions control
Accredited in June 2017 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2019.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Literacy
In this subject students extend and apply their literacy capability by, for example:
- applying their knowledge and understanding of the use of musical elements, including musical conventions and styles, to create and refine their musical works
- developing their musical literacy through responding to and discussing their own and others’ works
- refining their aural perception and notation skills to identify and apply musical elements in creating and responding to music
- understanding the characteristics of musical styles, structures, and techniques to inform the processes they use to create performances or compositions
- analysing, discussing, and manipulating musical elements to create musical works, respond to the works of others, and extend their musical literacy
- commenting on how their understanding of the style, structure, and conventions of the repertoire informs their performance
- extending their understanding of music theory, conventions, and skills in score reading
- understanding and incorporating appropriate terminology in their discussions and responses.