Stage 2 | Subject Outline | Versions control
Accredited in June 2017 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2019.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Intercultural understanding
In this subject students extend and apply their intercultural understanding capability by, for example:
- understanding and appreciating that all music is a form of cultural expression
- exploring, analysing, and interpreting genres, styles, and influences in music across times, locations, and cultures
- exploring, discussing, and evaluating how music from different cultures influences their own creations
- understanding and discussing the function of music in social and cultural contexts
- identifying and analysing intercultural influences in music
- interpreting and applying a variety of notations from different cultures and traditions.