Stage 2 | Subject Outline | Versions control
Accredited in June 2017 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2019.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 Music Studies.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- apply knowledge and understanding of musical elements
- apply musical skills and techniques in developing, refining, and presenting creative works
- apply a range of musical literacy skills, including aural perception and notation
- deconstruct, analyse, and interpret musical works and styles, and manipulate musical elements
- synthesise findings and express musical ideas
- reflect on musical influences on own creative works.
Notes: For the purposes of this subject, ‘presenting’ refers to performing and/or composing music. A performer is an instrumentalist and/or a vocalist. A composer is a generator of original compositions or an arranger of existing compositions. Compositions may be original works or arrangements that are represented in notation or digital audio format.