Stage 2 | Subject outline | version control
For teaching in Australian and SACE International schools from January 2021 to December 2021.
For teaching in SACE International schools only from May/June 2021 to March 2022. Accredited in June 2020 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2021.
Accredited in June 2020 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2021.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding in Legal Studies.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- demonstrate an understanding of legal principles and processes
- demonstrate an understanding of ways that legal systems balance competing interests or tensions
- demonstrate civic literacy through inquiry
- critically analyse and apply legal principles, processes, and concepts to case studies, the law, and/or issues
- develop conceptual understanding and application to various contexts
- communicate and evaluate legal arguments and make informed recommendations.