Stage 1 | Subject outline | version control
For teaching in 2021. Accredited in June 2020 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2021.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 1 Legal Studies.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- develop inquiry skills through questioning, exploration, discussion, and research of concepts, the law, and legal issues
- demonstrate and communicate their understanding of concepts, legal principles, processes, and issues
- analyse and apply legal principles and processes
- evaluate legal arguments to reach a conclusion and, where appropriate, make recommendations
- research, select, and acknowledge relevant sources
- collaborate effectively with others to problem solve and build on the work of others.