2020 final year of teaching | Green box
Stage 1 Legal Studies is a 10-credit subject or a 20-credit subject that consists of the following topics:
- Topic 1 – Law and Society
- Topic 2 – People, Structures, and Processes
- Topic 3 – Law-making
- Topic 4 – Justice and Society
- Topic 5 – Young People and the Law
- Topic 6 – Victims and the Law
- Topic 7 – Motorists and the Law
- Topic 8 – Young Workers and the Law
- Topic 9 – Relationships and the Law
Students complete a study of Topic 1 followed by a study of topics selected from either those listed above or alternative topics developed by teachers in collaboration with students.
For general information about Stage 1 subjects, see Teaching Stage 1.
For workshops and PLATO courses, see Professional learning.