Stage 2 | Subject outline | version control
Design, Technology and Engineering
For teaching in 2022. Accredited in November 2018 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020. This subject replaced Design and Technology. See subject changes.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Literacy
In this subject students extend and apply their literacy capability by, for example:
- using a range of sketches, or graphical, digital, or computer-generated images to communicate product or system design ideas to suit particular contexts and audiences
- understanding and using language and terminology specific to design, technology, and engineering in written or oral forms to communicate ideas about solutions design
- understanding and applying specific instructions in relation to systems, processes, and safe operating procedures
- interpreting and analysing technical information
- using a variety of communication formats, including digital technologies, to demonstrate understanding and analysis
- using language for different purposes including to interpret, discuss, and explain concepts, issues, problems, and solutions
- reading and interpreting online documentation and acknowledging resources appropriately.