Stage 2 | Subject outline | version control
Design, Technology and Engineering
For teaching in 2022. Accredited in November 2018 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020. This subject replaced Design and Technology. See subject changes.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Intercultural understanding
In this subject students extend and apply their intercultural understanding capability by, for example:
- understanding that the process of designing and implementing a design solution is influenced by cultural factors
- valuing cultural diversity when working in groups or solving problems
- respecting and engaging with different cultural perspectives, skills, and customs, and exploring these using various technologies
- researching different cultural traditions that impact on design concepts
- exploring design issues in local, national, and/or global contexts to expand knowledge of and create solutions for a diverse range of individuals, groups, and societies.