Stage 2 | Subject outline | version control
Design, Technology and Engineering
For teaching in 2022. Accredited in November 2018 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020. This subject replaced Design and Technology. See subject changes.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Capabilities | ICT capability
Information and communication technology (ICT) capability
In this subject students extend and apply their ICT capability by, for example:
- using relevant digital technologies to communicate design intent
- locating and accessing information using digital technologies
- presenting findings or solutions using multimodal approaches (e.g. a multimodal design brief)
- using specialised programs and tools such as computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) to develop solutions
- understanding the impact of ICT on design solutions.