Stage 2 | Subject outline | version control
Design, Technology and Engineering
For teaching in 2022. Accredited in November 2018 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020. This subject replaced Design and Technology. See subject changes.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Evidence of learning
Evidence of learning
All Stage 2 subjects have a school assessment component and an external assessment component.
The following assessment types enable students to demonstrate their learning in Stage 2 Design, Technology and Engineering.
School assessment (70%)
- Assessment Type 1: Specialised Skills Task (20%)
- Assessment Type 2: Design Process and Solution (50%)
External assessment (30%)
- Assessment Type 3: Resource Study (30%)
Students provide evidence of their learning through four to six assessments, including the external assessment component. Students complete:
- two specialised skills tasks
- one design process and solution task
- one resource study.