Stage 2 | Subject outline | version control
Design, Technology and Engineering
For teaching in 2022. Accredited in November 2018 for teaching at Stage 2 from 2020. This subject replaced Design and Technology. See subject changes.
Stage 2 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 2 Design, Technology, and Engineering.
In this subject, students engage in the design and realisation process and are expected to:
- investigate and analyse design features, processes, materials, and production techniques and apply creative thinking to the design of a solution
- plan, develop, and test design concepts, and communicate potential features of — and solutions to — a problem or challenge
- apply knowledge and understanding of skills, processes, engineering procedures, and techniques, using technology to realise the solution
- evaluate the solution with reference to the design brief, and reflect on processes used in design development and realisation
- analyse ethical, legal, economic, and/or sustainability issues related to technology, materials selected, processes used, and/or solution design.