Research Project Student Expo 2015
More than 4,000 students, teachers and members of the community attended the Research Project Student Expo, 12 and 13 August 2015, at the Ridley Centre, Adelaide Showground.
The event was a unique opportunity for Year 10 and Year 11 students and their teachers to learn about an array of interesting and unique SACE Research Projects and talk to the young researchers behind them.
More than 100 student exhibitors spoke about their research on topics ranging from sustainable housing to nuclear energy; from motor racing to magic tricks; from dyslexia to sport psychology.
Industry experts, South Australian businesses and other organisations were also exhibiting with hands-on displays, ideas for research topics, and advice for students.
Please note: you can activate captions once the video is playing by clicking the captions icon on the toolbar.
These resources provide additional support for teachers and students about to undertake the Research Project.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics fact sheet [DOC 280KB]
- Cancer Council information sheet [PDF 988KB]
- DECD outreach education – supporting your Research Project [PDF 164KB]
- Flinders University tips for your Research Project [PDF 496KB]
- Genealogy SA – research ideas [DOC 77KB]
- Natural Resources Management Research Project ideas [PDF 186KB]
- Primary Industry Centre for Science Education Research Project ideas [PDF 503KB]
- Public health SACE Research Projects (SA Health) [PDF 273KB]
- Search like a Librarian (State Library of SA) [PDF 311KB]
- South Australian Tourism Commission fact sheet [DOC 20KB]
During the expo, a videographer captured a range of presentations, demonstrations and interviews. The following videos include organisations, industry experts and former Research Project students sharing their ideas and advice on potential research topics and questions.