Stage 1 | Subject outline | version control
Design, Technology and Engineering
For teaching in 2021. Accredited in November 2018 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2020. This subject replaced Design and Technology.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 1 Design, Technology and Engineering.
In this subject, students engage in the design and realisation process and are expected to:
- review design features, processes, materials, and production techniques and apply creative thinking to the design of a solution
- plan and develop design concepts, and communicate potential features of — and solutions
to — a problem or challenge
- apply knowledge and understanding of skills, engineering procedures, and techniques, using technology to realise the solution
- evaluate processes used in design development and solution realisation
- research and discuss ethical, legal, economic, and/or sustainability issues related to technology, materials selected, processes used, and/or solution design.