Stage 1 | Subject outline | version control
Design, Technology and Engineering
For teaching in 2022. Accredited in November 2018 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2020. This subject replaced Design and Technology. See subject changes.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Numeracy
In this subject students extend and apply their numeracy capability by, for example:
- selecting and using appropriate measurement tools and programs
- applying numerical calculations appropriate to the context and task
- displaying numerical information in accordance with correct technical standards and procedures
- interpreting numerical data for relevance
- understanding and using graphs, spreadsheets, diagrams, codes, and statistics to communicate technical data, properties of materials, or systems information
- creating tables, charts, or diagrams to define product specifications
- applying the scientific method to the design and construction processes of the solution
(e.g. testing material characteristics or suitability).