Stage 1 | Subject outline | version control
Design, Technology and Engineering
For teaching in 2022. Accredited in November 2018 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2020. This subject replaced Design and Technology. See subject changes.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Ethical understanding
In this subject students extend and apply their ethical understanding capability by, for example:
- evaluating the reliability of information for accurate decision-making
- understanding the ethical implications of environmental responsibility and sustainability through considered selection and use of materials, processes, and production techniques
- recognising the importance of responsible participation in social, economic, environmental, scientific, and/or ethical decision-making
- applying an understanding of personal and group safety in a work environment
- reviewing the impact of technological practices, products, or systems on individuals, society, and sustainability.