Stage 1 | Subject outline | Version control
For teaching in 2021. Accredited in August 2019 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2020.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 1 Outdoor Education.
In this subject, students are expected to:
- explore natural environments, considering different perspectives
- apply responsibilities and risk-management strategies, to plan safe and sustainable outdoor activities and journeys
- evaluate and demonstrate reflective practice of personal experiences, and personal and social growth in natural environments
- evaluate and demonstrate reflective practice of the development and application of practical skills relevant to outdoor activities and journeys
- understand and analyse environmental systems and issues to recognise actions required to enhance sustainability of natural environments.