Stage 1 | Subject outline | version control
For teaching in 2021. Accredited in June 2019 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2020
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Learning requirements
The learning requirements summarise the knowledge, skills, and understanding that students are expected to develop and demonstrate through their learning in Stage 1 Dance.
In this subject students are expected to:
- develop knowledge and understanding of the body, dance skills, dance elements, structural devices, production elements, and safe dance practices
- apply technical and expressive dance skills in performance
- communicate choreographic intent to an audience through composition and performance
- reflect on their own creative works as an artist and that of others as an audience member
- investigate dance in diverse contexts.