Web Content Display (Global)
These resources are designed to assist teachers and students undertaking the subject.
Quick facts about the Research Project
- It is a compulsory SACE subject
- It is worth 10 credits
- Students need to achieve a C- grade or higher to gain their SACE
- It is mostly undertaken by students in Year 12
- A research project can be scientific, artistic, sporting, or historical; it can be a community-based project, or any number of other options
- It is designed to help students develop knowledge and skills for further study, work, training, and community life.
Three bodies of work make up the final grade:
- Folio (30% school assessed)
- Research Outcome (40% school assessed)
- Review or Evaluation (30% externally assessed)
Students can choose from two types of Research Project
Research Project A
- The external assessment can be presented in a variety of ways, including a PowerPoint presentation or a short film
- The final grade can be used towards a student's Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR)
Research Project B
- The external assessment must be a written report
- The final grade can be used towards a student's ATAR.