Stage 1 | Subject outline | Version control
For teaching in 2021. Accredited in August 2019 for teaching at Stage 1 from 2020.
Stage 1 | Subject outline | Capabilities | Ethical understanding
Students extend and apply their ethical understanding capability by, for example:
- evaluating ethical decisions about the interaction of people and natural environments
- understanding and developing risk-reduction strategies and emergency-action plans, including casualty management
- understanding of the legal and moral responsibilities of participants in outdoor activities
- understanding environmental systems and issues to recognise actions required to promote sustainability of natural environments
- exploring the natural environment, considering a range of perspectives, including personal, cultural, and Indigenous.